Peter is the co-founder and CEO of Highfield Energy which is a leading developer of renewable energy projects in Ireland. He is a recognised expert in Irish renewables and a frequent contributor to policy debates. Highfield Solar was the most successful solar participant in the first RESS auction in 2020, securing over 24% of the solar capacity awarded. Peter is a member of the governing committee of the Irish Solar Energy Association, the Council of Wind Energy Ireland and serves in a non-executive capacity on a number of companies in the energy industry.
This session will look at some of the auction results from 2019 and 2020 to enable the audience to learn from the outcomes. We will assess:
• Recent auction review: winning bids, prices and locations
• How will some of the low-ball winning projects establish economic viability?
• Capture price assumptions – what to include, longer term power prices
• How to prepare for an auction
• Including storage where it is promoted as part of the auction process